What Would Oprah Do?

Oprah is heading to Harvard Yard on May 30 to impart words of wisdom to the class of 2013. In the meantime, FM looks to Oprah’s Twitter for advice to solve our day-to-day problems.
By Leslie B. Arffa

Dear Oprah,

I went out hard last night. I party hopped down Mount Auburn Street and I don’t remember anything that happened past 10 p.m. My boyfriend claims I was mean and I also forgot to stop by my friend’s birthday party. How do I make it up to them?

As Oprah Says:

“We can only ever be who we are and at some point that has to be enough.”

Dear Oprah,

My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend! They both deny it to my face, but a bunch of my friends say they saw them making out at a party. I want to believe my boyfriend, but I feel like the evidence is against him. What should I do?

As Oprah Says:

“Everybody’s story carries the same weight and same VALUE. That’s the greatest life lesson.”

Dear Oprah,

I am getting so stressed at school. I’m comping three organizations, I have a job at Lamont Cafe, and I’m a physics major. I’m also trying to get into social clubs, and I might walk on the crew team. How can I juggle it all?

As Oprah Says:

“The attainment of inner peace, what if we all shifted our goal to that....You want to be more focused? Energized? Successful? Powerful? Practice STILLNESS.”

Dear Oprah,

I’ve been dating the same girl for a couple of years, but I’m starting to wonder if we’re right for each other. We never spend time together, and when we are together, she’s always talking about other guys. All of my friends hate her and say we’re wrong for each other, but I don’t want to give up on what we have. Is there anything I can do?

As Oprah Says:

“When you focus on Love a lot of the other crap shows up.”

CommencementAdvisingClubsCelebritiesLoveExamsLevityA Little Levity