Elizabeth A Crowley

Politics

Test Your Knowledge

Adams House Community Dinners
College

Adams House Organizes Community Dinner Speeches

Mariana Gudino CastaƱon '14 and Tyler Cusick '14 are both members of Harvard's Adams House and Co-organizers of the new ...

House Life

Adams House Community Dinners

Winnie the Pooh

"Winnie the Pooh" House Caretaker Celebrates Birthday

Eastman and Pooh
On Campus

Eastman and Pooh

George H. Eastman, a former Harvard student and professor, celebrates his 81st birthday next to Harvard's Pooh Tree with his family. A philosopher, father, and long-time lover of A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh series, Eastman began caring for the tree in 1995, when he fashioned a small red door for the entryway.

Eastman and Pooh
On Campus

Today in Photos: 11/26/12

Books

Today in Photos (11/19/12)

Harvard in the City

Image

Michael David Cohen, former Harvard Graduate School student, discusses the effects of the Civil War on colleges and also regional differences between Northern and Southern institution. Cohen recently published his first book: Reconstructing the Campus: Higher Education and the American Civil War, and spoke at the Harvard Book Store.

College

Image

Sherehe
Theater

This Week in Arts (11/06)

Jazz Lives
On Campus

Jazz Lives

Fred Taylor reflects on the gradual movement of jazz from large, city clubs to smaller suburban centers. Taylor spoke on the panel "The Hub of Swing: A Look at Boston's Jazz Scene" with Steve Schwartz and Eric Jackson, all guests of the Office for the Arts at Harvard.

College

Image

Dr. Leah Garrett, professor at Monash University, discusses her research on Jewish American war novels of the 40's, particularly the groundbreaking presentations of Jewish American soldiers struggling with antisemitism, masculinity, and identity within their platoons. Garrett's lecture was sponsored by Harvard's Mahindra Humanities Center.

College

Today in Photos (10/18/2012)

College

Image

Ken Mack (right), professor at Harvard Law School, discusses the current presidential campaign's focus on government's involvement in the economy. He and Elizabeth Hinton (left), a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Michigan Society of Fellows, were two of five panel members to speak in the History department's round-table presentation, "Law, History, and the 2012 Election."

Race

Image

Alexander Keyssar, Matthew W. Stirling Jr. Professor of History and Social Policy, reflects on the historical context of the current presidential campaign. Keyssar was one of five panel members who spoke in the History department's round-table presentation "Law, History, and the 2012 Election" yesterday.

GSD picture
Visual Arts

Intelligent Design: Negotiating the Identity of the Architecture Track

django unchained scene
Visual Arts

Script Doctors

Harvard vs. Yale
Yale

Freshman Survey Part V: A Look at New Haven

Books
Academics

Freshman Survey Part III: Inside the Classroom and Out