Marina Molarsky-Beck

Food and Drink

Drinky-Drink: Concentrations

Advising Fortnight, now winding its way to a close, is that brief and wondrous period when concentrations vie for the attention of College students, before reverting to a holding pattern of vague disinterest.

Levity

Valentine's Day Drinky Drink

Ah, Valentine’s Day. For some, it’s an excuse to drop the humdrum responsibilities of the semester and relish an evening on the town with the one you love. For others, it’s simply the right time to drink alone. Here are FM’s suggestions for a liquor-soaked holiday, no matter your relationship status.

English

Avia Tadmor

“Clinical psychology and poetry are very different axes to the same ambiguous and complex human experience,” Tadmor says.

Scrutiny: Gen Eds
Scrutiny

General Education and the Future of Liberal Arts

With the Gen Ed program up for its first five-year review, longstanding questions about the role of a college education in changing times and beyond campus remain contested.

On Campus

Top Five Greasy Spoon Breakfast Joints

Whether you’re an earlier riser or you’ve been out all night, sometimes the best way to start your day is with a side of fries.

Reforma Migratoria
College

"DREAM" School

For undocumented students, even small steps toward more comprehensive reform can have a big impact. Before DACA, Ramírez says, he had no idea what life after college would bring. While his peers would be vying for scholarships, spots in graduate schools, and prestigious jobs, he feared he would have no choice but to engage in manual labor because of his undocumented status.

Lowell House Flyby Image
Student Life

Lowell House

Every day between now and Housing Day, Flyby will release two new House rankings. The top two Houses will be revealed on Wednesday, March 13. Check back daily for updates! Lowell House is perhaps best known for its beauty. Few Houses rival the visual impact of the bell tower or the picturesque calm of the courtyard.

Cash for Your Warhol
Visual Arts

CA$H for your HARGADON

Hargadon’s art is about provocation, not gratification. “I think art that tries to please all people ends up failing,” he says. “Some of them probably think it’s ridiculous, what I do, and that’s okay.”

Literature

Image

Literature

Love Stories: A Literary Map for Valentine's Day

This Valentine’s Day, FM charts the course of true literary love—platonic and romantic—across Harvard’s campus and through the ages.

Marina Molarsky-Beck
Endpaper

Taking Up Painter

I spent the summer before my senior year of high school walking past the same painting every day. A woman ...

J Term

Street View

During my first semester of college I constantly talked about New York. I told everyone who would listen about my favorite Indian restaurant, about the Astroturf field behind my high school where we ate lunch (even on 20-degree days), about the East Village community garden where I wiled away hot summer afternoons.

On Campus

On Saturday, They Shimmied: Scenes from Campus Nightlife

FM sends the weekend at Sigma Chi and in cages in Winthrop Dining Hall. The Harvard social scene has never felt so...classy.

For The Moment

Jukebox: Election Day

FM firmly believes that every task, even the weighty one of exercising your citizenlyrights by voting in the presidential election, is improved with auditory accompaniment.

For The Moment

Rant: It's My Party and I Can Play Sims if I Want to

Sims: They’re just like us.

transatlanticism
Highlight

Transatlanticism

paris_leaving
Highlight

I Am Not at a Cafe

zoe_argentina
Highlight

Away in Argentina

Land of Fog
Highlight

Land of Fog