American College Exhibits at the Paris Exposition.

A novel feature in the Paris Exposition of 1889 will be an exhibit of all methods and details relating to the institutions for the higher education of men and women in America. Mr. C. Wellman Parks, Professor of Physics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, N. Y., has kindly consented to take charge of this section of the exhibit and has sent circulars to the various American colleges soliciting their co-operation. The part in which Professor Parks begs the students to assist him most is in collecting as many photographs of buildings, faculties, classes, athletic teams, literary societies, etc., as possible and in sending them to him with sufficient money to pay for framing, arranging, and other expenses.

Another feature which will prove extremely interesting to visitors of the exposition will consist of an exhibit of American college publications. If possible, a reading-room will be fitted up containing back numbers of the various college papers on file, and current copies for the inspection of visitors and for the use of alumni at Paris. Photographs of the editorial staff will be hung on the wall, and as premiums will be awarded the best college publications, it is hoped that a very large number of papers will be exhibited. The CRIMSON has recently received one of Professor Parks' circulars, and is doing its best for furthering a scheme which will undoubtedly do credit to American colleges.