The Gymnasium Class Work.

The class work in the gymnasium has again begun and takes place every day at 5 p. m., excepting Saturdays. The work of this class is for the benefit of all members connected with the University wishing to take up a systematic course of gymnastics consisting of prescribed calisthenics drills with wands, dumb bells, etc.; light work on the apparatus, jumping, burbling and running-in fact exercises for the general building up of the body.

Fencing as a new feature has been introduced, giving all members an opportunity to learn the art of using the foil. For the present, two days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) have been allotted for the instruction of this branch, which forms a part of the regular class work. There is also an opportunity given to all wishing to take up the more advanced work, consisting of calisthenics with the various hand apparatus-clubs, dumb bells, wands, etc.,- and heavy work on the apparatus. This class meets at 4 p. m. every day except Saturdays.

In order to get the best results while attending these classes, it is necessary to remind men that punctuality and regular attendance are essential.