Lectures on School Supervision.

In connection with the Department of Education and Teaching, a course of ten lectures on School Supervision, open to all members of the University and Radcliffe College, will be given by Superintendent Samuel T. Dutton of Brookline. The lectures will be given in Harvard 1, on Monday afternoons at 4.30, commencing on Monday, March 1. Due notice will be given if it should be found necessary later on to change the day and hour of these lectures.

It is well known that during the past few years, under the leadership of Mr. Dutton, the school, of Brookline have won a high reputation for progressiveness and efficiency, and that in point of organization, equipment, and general management, the schools of Brookline are not surpassed by any in the country. Mr. Dutton's successful experience both in New Haven and in Brookline enables him to bring to these lectures a valuable fund of practical suggestions that can not fail to interest all students of the important problems involved in the organization and administration of schools and school systems. The titles of Superintendent Dutton's lectures are as follows:

1. The Beginnings of School Supervision in the United States.

2. School Organization and Democracy.

3. The Administrative and Professional Functions Involved in Town and City Supervision.

4. Supervision in Relation to the Community.

5. The School Board: Their Powers and Duties.

6. The Relations of the Superintendent with the Teachers.

7. The Child to be Educated.

8. The Course of Study.

9. The Daily Programme.

10. Supervision as Related to Progressive Tendencies.