TECHNOLOGY DEFEATED

University Hockey Team Won With Little Difficulty.--Score, 25 to 0.

In an extremely one-sided game the University hockey team defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology yesterday afternoon on the Stadium rink by the score of 25 to 0. The University team scored at will and the puck was kept near Technology's goal the greater part of the game. The team play of the University forwards was the best shown since the Christmas recess and the shooting was hard and accurate. Technology showed no evidence of team play. Newhall played well at counterpoint on the University team and scored two goals unassisted, after carrying the puck the length of the ice. Callaway and Wilder, aided by Townsend's good passing, did the best shooting for the University team. Owing to the inability of the Technology forwards to keep the puck, the defense of the University team was not tested. For Technology, Reading, at goal, made many good stops, but he weakened considerably in the second half. Tyler, point for Technology, accidentally shot a goal for Harvard.

The summary: HARVARD.  TECHNOLOGY. Pell, D. Wagstaff, l.e.  r.e., Ford, Coupal Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Loutrel, Coleman Callaway, r.c.  l.c., Miller Wilder, Foster, Rumsey, r.e.  l.e., Gilkinson Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Henderson Grant, Sard, p.  p., Tyler Tilden, g.  g., Reading

Score--Harvard, 25; Technology, 0. Goals--Callaway 6, Wilder 6, Townsend 5, Newhall 4, Pell 2, D. Wagstaff 1, tyler 1. Referee--R. S. Hardy '01. Goal umpires--Harvard: Litchfield '01; Technology: Vinton. Timekeeper--J. McMaster. Time--20 and 15-minute halves.