HON CURTIS GUILD TONIGHT

On "Public Speaking in Politics" in Living Room of Union at 7.45

Hon. Curtis Guild, Jr., '81, Heutenant governor of Massachusetts, will give an address on "Public Speaking in Politics" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 7.45 o'clock under the auspices of the University Debating Club. B.V. Kanaley 1L., president of the University Debating Club, will introduce the speaker.

Mr. Guild was orator of his class and a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society. Soon after graduating from College he become editor of the Commercial Bulletin. During the Spanish War he served in Cuba as inspector general on the staff of General Fitzhugh Lee. Mr. Guild has been prominent in politics, and in 1896 was delegate-at-large from Massachussets to the National Republican Convention. In the presidential campaign of 1900 he accompanied President Roosevelt on his western tour. He was first elected lieutenent-governor in 1902.

The lecture will be open only to members of the Union or of the debating clubs. Members of the Union must show membership tickets, and members of the Union must show their non-membership cards.