PLAN OF COMPLETE STADIUM

Improvements Now Being Made Will be Finished by Next August.

The work of completing the Stadium, which is now being carried forward under the supervision of Professor I. N. Hollis, will follow in general the plans of the original design. A canopy, which will run the whole perimeter of the structure, will be built over the highest promenade. This canopy will have the appearance, from outside the Stadium, of another tier of windows, square in shape, in the same vertical line with the present lower rows. An elaborate cornice will surmount the openings. On this, in turn, a parapet wall will be constructed. In all, the new work will add approximately twenty feet to the height of the Stadium.

The additions will, from the inside, have the appearance of a Doric colonnade, in which will be 124 circular columns with typical Doric bases and capitals. These columns will be surmounted by heavy beams and a cornice. The line of columns will terminate at each end in a tower similar in plan to those now in existence. The roof of the canopy will be of concrete slabs.

A fourth improvement will be the construction on the ground of three concrete steps around the outer perimeter of the Stadium. The enclosure thus formed will be filled in until a new level has been established to correspond to the height of the steps.

The work, which will not be complete until the first part of August, will be temporarily discontinued during Class Day week to allow the customary ceremonies to take place.