GLIDER MEET AT ATLANTIC

Under Auspices of Harvard Aeronautical Society May 3, 4, 5, 6.

The Harvard Aeronautical Society will hold a glider meet at the Harvard Aviation Field, Atlantic, for four days, beginning May 3. All the eastern colleges and several aeronautical societies have been invited to compete.

The machines will be divided into two classes, those for machines with mechanical control and those with body control, and contests will be held for both classes. Cups will be awarded for the best records in duration, distance, speed, and accuracy of landing. There will be a special prize for the machine covering the greatest total distance during the four days of the meet.

Harvard graduates in Boston have subscribed for the construction of an artificial glider slope about 40 feet high. From this the machines will be launched for flight. Work on it has already commenced. Besides two gliders the Harvard society will send down the Roe triplane. Several other colleges will also enter more than one machine.

The entries received thus far include Amherst, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Noble and Greenough, Tufts, University of Pennsylvania, Volkmann, Waltham Aeronautical Society, Williams, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.