Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Bowdoin Prize Essays Announced

The following are the awards of Bowdoin Prizes for graduates: three prizes of $200 each to Emory Leon Chaffee 4G., of Somerville, for a dissertation entitled "A New Method of Impact Excitation of Undamped Electric Oscillations and their Analysis by Means of Braun Tube Oscillographs"; Sergius Morgulis 2G., of Balta, Russia, for a dissertation entitled "Inanition: Experiments and Reflections"; Albert Richard Chandler 2G., of Norwich, Conn., for a dissertation entitled "The Tragic Appeal of the Dramas of Sophocles."

The following are the awards for the Bowdoin Prizes for dissertations in English for undergraduates: first prize of $250, Roscoe Russell Hess '11, of Seattle, Wash., on "The Paper Industry and Its Relation to the Conservation and the Tariff"; second prizes of $100 each, John Austin Spaulding '12, of Tewksbury Centre, on "A Comparison of Goethe's 'Iphigenie auf Tauris' and Euripides' 'Iphigenia among the Taurians'"; Hiram Kelly Moderwell '13, of Fort Wayne, Ind., on "A Modern Attitude towards Art." Thirty-seven of the dissertations submitted were recommended to be considered in the awards of scholarships and degrees with distinction.