HOCKEY TEAM LOST TO YALE

SECOND GAME IN SERIES DISORGANIZED DUE TO POOR ICE.--SCORE 3 TO 2.

In the second game with Yale, played Wednesday afternoon at New Haven, the University hockey team was defeated by a score of 3 to 2.

Yale won its advantage early in the game and by excellent defensive work was able to check the desperate attack of the University forwards for the remainder of the game. The poor condition of the ice effected the playing of both of the teams. Accurate shooting and passing were impossible due to the sticky surface. Team-play being out of the question, the game became disorganized and was featured largely by individual rushes down the ice.

How the Scores Were Made.

Yale had things its own way for the first ten minutes and caged three goals in rapid succession. Howe scored on a pass from Chauncey. Kimball was the next to tally after a piece of individual dodging. Blackall then scored for Harvard on a long shot from the middle of the rink. Howe made his second goal, and Yale's last, on a shot from a scrimmage directly in front of the Harvard cage. The half closed with Yale leading by a score of 3 to 1.

The Second Half.

The University team started the second half with a rush and were at all times the aggressors. Carhart, the Yale goal tender, turned aside shot after shot in this half while Gardner was not credited with a single stop.

In this period Yale played desperate hockey, marred at times by roughness.

The second Harvard score was made by Duncan after thirteen minutes of play in the second period. The last five minutes resembled the end of the second Princeton game, the University forwards sending repeated shots at the Yale goal, all of which were turned aside.

No substitutions were made by either team, and in all, only three penalties were inflicted.

Howe and Carhart starred for Yale, the latter making twenty-one stops at goal to Gardner's nine. Captain Huntington's injured knee prevented him from playing his usual excellent game. Blackall's all-around playing was the feature of the work of the University team.

The line-up and summary:

Score--Yale, 3; Harvard, 2. Goals--Howe 2, Kimball 1, Blackall 1, Duncan 1. Referee--Garon, N. Y. Wanderers. Umpire--Rogers, N. Y. Wanderers. Time--20-minute halves.

Final Game in Yale Series.

The third, and last, game of the hockey series with Yale will be played in the Boston Arena tomorrow. Each team has now one victory to its credit and this game will decide the series, and complete the University team's schedule. HARVARD.  YALE. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., Harman Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Cox Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Howe Pierce, r.e.  l.e., Kimball Blackall, c.p.  c.p., Gore Willetts, p.  p., Martin Gardner, g.  g., Carhart