1920 TEAM MEETS ANDOVER

FRESHMAN ELEVEN OPENS SEASON WITH LINE AVERAGING 198 POUNDS.

With what is expected to prove one of the strongest Freshman teams in years, the 1920 football team will play its first game of the season at Andover this afternoon. A squad of 25 men will make the trip.

The scrimmage during the past week has served to round the men into excellent form and to the develop the team into an efficient football machine. Although the practice yesterday afternoon was light, the first accident of the year occurred when Woods, the regular left tackle, twisted his ankle. His place will be taken by Cheney in the game today.

It will be a formidable line that will oppose Andover this afternoon. Form tackle to tackle the 1920 line will average 198 ponds. It will support a backfield that is both fast and heavy. Head Coach W. Rollins '16 has been drilling the men especially the backfield in the fine points of the game and in scrimmages early in the week with the second squad, the team has played well.

Little is known of the Andover eleven except that it has a good backfield. The Academy team is under a new coach this season, and it will be the first opportunity to see how effective his methods will be.