GROSS HOCKEY CAPTAIN

COLT FRESHMAN LEADER

Before the game with Camp Devens yesterday afternoon, Robert Ellsworth Gross '19, of Newton was elected captain of this year's University seven. Gross, who captained and coached last year's informal team, has been coaching the team this season and playing a strong game at right wing. He was also captain of last year's baseball nine.

The Camp Devens seven was defeated 3 to 0 in a hard-fought game which was greatly handicapped by the soft and weak ice. From the beginning, the heavier Camp Devens team presented a stiff defense, and every attack by the University forwards was met with a driving opposition by A. F. Doty '16 or by R. Lovering, whose height and weight proved to be of great value against the Crimson players. Although the officers of the Camp Devens team had had little practice, they played an effective offensive game which failed only by lack of team-play.

Bigelow Scores Two Goals.

After six and a half minutes of play the Crimson forwards carried through one of their attacks and scored on a shot by E. L. Bigelow '21.

After ten minutes' play in the second half, Gross shot the puck out from behind the Devens goal to C. A. Clark '19, who scored on a long shot through almost the entire defense. Shortly after this play Bigelow tallied the final point on a short shot from the left of the Devens goal.

Henry Francis Colt '22, of Geneseo, N. Y., was elected captain of the Freshman team at a meeting last night.

The summary of the game follows: UNIVERSITY.  CAMP DEVENS. Gross, r.w.  l.w., Codman, Condon Snelling, Bacon, Baldwin, r.c.  l.c., Monroe Bigelow, Bright, l.c.  r.c., McIntire Avery, Cabot, Adams, Higgins, l.w.  r.w., Fogle Walker, Church, c.p.  c.p., Doty White, Clark, Sessions, p.  p., Lovering, Parker Holmes, g.  g., Small