ST. PAUL'S BEATEN BY 4-3 MARGIN SATURDAY

ICE CONDITIONS BAD

A 4-3 victory was scored by the University hockey team against St. Paul's last Saturday, making a total of six straight wins for the Crimson seven. Though played on soft ice, the game was close throughout and the sides well -matched. The team work of the University stickmen was the deciding factor.

At the face-off the Crimson too the puck and before the schoolboys had started, R. E. Gross '19 scored the first goal. St. Paul's rallied and after 14 minutes of scrimmaging, Shiras succeeded in caging the puck. Two minutes later E. L. Bigelow '21 scored.

At the start of the second period St. Paul's forced the play and Davis tallied from a hard scrimmage in front of the University goal. For 8 minutes the puck was fought back and forth, the mushy ice making team-pay diffcult. The Crimson seven rushed down to the St. Paul's net where H. B. W. Snelling '21 scored on a clean shot. Five minutes later he tallied again on the same play. Davis made St. Paul's third point in the last minute.

The summary: UNIVERSITY  ST. PAUL'S. Gross, r.w.  l.w., Haslam, Walker Avery, r.c.  l.c., Shiras Bigelow, l.c.  r.c., G. Walker, Davis Bright, Snelling, l.w.  r.w., Davis, Cook N. Walker, c.p.  c.p., Baldwin White, church, p.  p., Haslam, Potter Holmes, g.  g., McLeod

Goals--Snelling, 2; Davis, 2; Gross, Bigelow, Shiras. Referee--Milan. Timer--Scudder. Time--Tw0 20-minute periods.