CRIMSON FINDS TUFTS EASY IN FOURTH HOCKEY VICTORY

FINAL SCORE IS 8-0

The University hockey team substitutes had an opportunity to prove their worth in the game against. Tufts last night at the Pavilion in which the Crimson players won an easy 8 to 0 victory. With the exception of E. L. Bigelow '21, who is still out because of injury, the University sextet took the ice with the usual line-up and no changes were made until J. Stubbs '20 tucked away a long shot for the opening tally five minutes after the start of the game.

From this time on, the substitutes replaced the veterans and they were at no time dangerously pressed by the Medford aggregation. Although the Crimson players put on a better grade of hockey than their opponents throughout the game, only one more goal was made in the first period, when G. S. Baldwin '21 carried the puck to the Tufts' goal and caged it unaided.

In the last half the University players scored almost at will with the result that before the gong sounded six more goals had been added to the total. H. B. Shelling '21 was the outstanding star of the final period, scoring three of the tallies, and playing well both offensively and de fensively in his position at wing.

The loss of Bigelow to hold up the centre of the offense line was keenly felt and against a more aggressive and experienced team than that of Tufts the individual work would not have been as effective as it-proved last night.

The summary:

HARVARD.  TUFTS.Emmons, Baker, Gaston, r.w.  l.w., BallouBaldwin, Avery,c.  c., Ballou, DownsBacon, Snelling. l.w.  r.w., Finnegan, DavisonWalker, Gratwick, c.p.  c.p., KurlinStubbs, Colt, p.  p., RockwellHolmes, Louderback, g.  g., Herchlse