"TYPES OF SOCIALISM" AT UNION

Exponents of Socialism, I. W. W., and Communism Address Liberal Club

"The Types of Socialism" is the subject of discussion by leading exponents of three radical systems of government in a meeting to be held under the auspices of the Student Liberal Club in the Trophy Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The meeting is intended especially for students of Economics and Social Ethics but other members of the Union and the Student Liberal Club are welcome.

Harry W. Laidler Ph.D., Columbia, who will expound socialism tonight, is an expert on labor and social problems, and the author of "Socialism is Thought and Action," and other treatises on modern subjects. He is at present the Secretary of the Intercollegiate Socialist Society and an active worker in the Socialist Party.

Readers of C. S. Parker's "American Idyll" will remember how a "Wobbly" asked Charleton H. Parker to lend him Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason" to read in jail. That "Wobbly" was J. T. Doran, better known as "Red", who will uphold the doctrines of the Industrial Workers of the World in this evening's meeting. He has given lectures on "Syndicalism" in many universities of the west.

The principles of communism will be outlined by Dr. Antoinette F. Konikow, a Russian who came to America shortly after the revolution in her country. She is now practicing medicine in Boston and working for the Communist Labor Party.