RAMBLERS TO MEET EAGLE PLAYERS ON ARENA ICE AT 8.15

CONTEST EXPECTED TO BE ONE OF BEST OF SEASON

The Crimson Ramblers, an informal team made up of University and Freshman skaters, will play their first and only game tonight when they meet the Boston Eagles at the Arena at 8.15. The latter sextet is made up almost wholly of the regulars from the Boston College team, which has played stellar hockey all season, so they will furnish stiff opposition to the hastily formed Ramblers. The latter organization, too, has a large number of regular University stick-men but they will be greatly handicapped by the loss of Captain Owen, who was the outstanding man on the Crimson team, and of Higgins, the regular University goal-guard. The positions are ably filled by Hodder, the yearling captain, on the defence position and by Flint, the regular substitute for the goal position on the first squad.

Taking these facts into consideration and remembering that the informal teams represent two of the outstanding intercollegiate hockey sextets, the game promises to be a close contest. Hughes on the Eagle's forward lipe is a fast skater and a clever stick handler so he is expected to be a serious threat to the Crimson defence, while Fitzgerald who guards the Boston goal should furnish a stiff barrier to the fast Rambler forward line. Curry, too, is an expert center who should speed up the Eagle attack.

The final practice held yesterday afternoon at the Arena was featured by a scrimmage with the Merrill High School, and the work-out showed an improvement in team work. Cantillon and Burgess of the regular Freshman sextet reported today and they may be used in the game tonight, while a large number of regular substitutes will be on hand.