Famous German Philosopher and Biologist, Returning from Lecture Tour, Will Speak at the Fogg Art Museum Today

One of the best known philosophers and biologists of Germany, Dr. Hans Driesch, of the University of Heidelberg, will give a public lecture this afternoon at the University under the auspices of the Department of Philosophy. The lecture will be in English on "The Automony of Life" at 4.30 o'clock in the lecture hall of the Fogg Art Museum.

Dr. Driesch, who has been lecturing recently at Yale University, is perhaps best known for his book "Science and Philosophy of the Organism".

An informal dinner was given in his honor last night at the home of Professor and Mrs. W. M. Wheeler. At the dinner a conference was held to discuss Vitalism at which Professors William McDougall, R. B. Perry '97, G. H. Parker '87, L. S. Henderson and W. M. Wheeler '02 were present. Tonight Dr. Driesch will participate in a conference held by the American Academy of Arts and Science at 28 Newbury Street. He will remain in Cambridge until Thursday when he will leave for New York.

Dr. Driesch has been for the past year at Peking China, where he was called by the Government of China to give lectures occupying the chair formerly held by Professor John Dewey of Columbia University. Arriving at San Francisco in the later part of September he has been visiting and speaking at several of the larger universities on his way cast Longer stays were made at the University of California and the University of Chicago.