Klan Fills Cambridge With Horrible Manifestations--Opposes Quinn for Mayor--Names Kopey Its Klandidate

"If I knew that there was a chapter of the Klan in Harvard. I'd come down and break it up!" declared Mayor Edward W. Quinn of Cambridge to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday afternoon.

And so the near future may see squadrons of Cambridge policemen patrolling Harvard Square.

For the Klan has answered his challenge. They have come out from behind their sheets of secrecy. They will oppose him in his campaign for reelection as mayor of Cambridge on Tuesday. What is more, they have nominated a klandidate of their own.

Last night the electioneering was in full swing. Cambridge was full of strange and terrible manifestations. The K. K. K. Kampaign is on.

A jack o' lantern was seen peering from a second story window in Sever Hall at nine o'clock last night.

Fifteen fiery alarms were turned in at the Cambridge fire station.

A pile of burning leaves and boxes was found in back of Smith Hall.

And finally as the height of Klanishness, a flaring banner was seen suspended from a window on Massachusetts Avenue announcing the Klan's entry in the mayoralty race, in the following dreadful legend:

KOPEY FOR KLEAGLE K. K. K.

Incidentally, last night was Hallowe'en.