COMMENCEMENT HONORS AWARDED TO HIGGINSON

WAS CREW CAPTAIN TWICE WHILE IN COLLEGE

Francis Lee Higginson Jr., of Boston, permanent treasurer of the Harvard College class of 1900, and a member of the firm of Lee, Higginson and Company, has been chosen Chief Marshal of the alumni for this year's Commencement at Harvard in June.

He was elected by the directors of the Harvard Alumni Association, upon nomination by his classmates of 1900, in accordance with the usual custom of having the chief marshal selected each year from the class which will celebrate at Commencement the 25th anniversary of its graduation from college.

Beat Yale by Six Lengins

Mr. Higginson was captain of two Harvard University crews as an undergraduate, rowing stroke on the 1899 combination which defeated Yale by six boat lengths. In 1919-20 he was chairman of the Harvard Graduate Rowing Committee, of which he is still a member.

Upon graduation he entered the banking business and since 1901 has been with his present firm. He is trustee or director of numerous organizations. From 1912 to 1915 he was a director of the Harvard Alumni Association, and in 1916 was elected Overseer of Harvard College, serving until June, 1922.

Mr. Higginson has been treasurer of the Massachusetts branch of the American Red Cross, and in 1917-18 and '19 was abroad as a civilian. In June, 1917, he was head of the first Red Cross campaign for money in New England.