H. D. C. WILL RAISE CURTAIN ON FALL PRODUCT TONIGHT

Harvard and Radcliffe Students Share Leading Roles--Play to Run Through Four Cambridge Showings

Tonight at Brattle Hall the spirit of the old West will flare up and flame again in the Harvard Dramatic Club's fall production, "The Chisholm Trail." Hard-riding, six-gun toting cowmen will vie with invading homesteaders for the fertile grazing plains of Nebraska in 1886. The scenes of the play give a typical picture of life as it actually was among the plainsmen of Buffalo Bill's day.

Leatherbee Plays Hero

The four leading characters are K. A. Perry '28, playing the part of Jim Morgan, elderly cattleman and father of the hero, Hank Morgan, who is portrayed by Charles Leatherbee '29. Jessica Hill, Radcliffe '30, fills the other juvenile lead, and plays the part of a young school mistress who is wooed by Hank. The part of Sabina Barker, a shrewd and clever woman of the old West is taken by Frances Small, Radcliffe '28.

Massey Coaches Production

The play was written by Mrs. Elizabeth Higgins Sullivan, who was born in Nebraska. The coaching of this 34th production of the Dramatic Club was done by Edward Massey '15, who has directed many successful plays at the University in former years. Mr. Massey was a very active character artist as an undergraduate, and has divided his time since graduation directing plays in New since graduation directing plays in New York and at Cambridge.

The play will be given each evening at 8.15 o'clock in Brattle Hall starting to- day and continuing through Friday. The matinee and evening performances on Saturday will take place in the Fine Arts Theatre in Boston. Due to the great demand for tickets there will be, for the first time, four consecutive evening performances in Cambridge. Tickets are on sale daily at Brattle Hall from 11 to 11 o'clock, and reservations may be made by telephoning University 3439. There will be dancing after each of the Brattle Hall performances