FOUNDATION FILMS ART OF DRYPOINT

Movie Made in Gloucester Last Summer Will be Shown at Boston Museum of Fine Arts on November 20

The premier showing of the second film of a series illustrating the various processes of the arts will be given at the Museum of Fine Arts Wednesday afternoon, November 20, at 3 o'clock. This movie is one of a group being made for the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, and will soon be followed by others.

Made last summer by the University Film foundation at "Stoneacre," the residence of F. G. Hall '04, in Gloucester, this film depicts the technique of drypoint, as it is done by Mr. Hall. It shows in all detail the method of obtaining a drypoint from the original pencil drawing.

Process Shown in Detail

Beginning with an exhibition of the various tools and the lines made by these instruments, the process is carried through to the final production of the rich, velvety print which is characteristic of drypoint. The picture is enhanced by the setting of Mr. Hall's studio along the North Shore. Close-up views of the artist at work and of details of the plate at various stages make clear the understanding of prints produced by this process.

The Etcher's Art Also Depicted

After the showing of the drypoint film, "The Etcher's Art," a demonstration of etching, will be thrown on the screen. This film was made last spring, and presented for the first time on May 7. It is being repeated again in response to many requests, in connection with the drypoint, since the two processes are so frequently combined in their plates by print-makers. Tickets for the film are on sale at the Administration Offices of the Museum.