BALLTOSSERS FACE ST. BONAVENTURE IN TENTH OF SEASON

University Team Victorious in Six Out of Ten Starts--Last Game Before Penn Contest Next Saturday

The Crimson baseball forces will stack up against a comparatively weak St. Bonaventure nine in their tenth encounter of the season at 3 o'clock this afternoon on Soldiers Field.

To date the University outfit has been victorious in six starts and should have but little difficulty in adding the New Yorkers to its list of victims.

The chances seem to be that Coach Mitchell will send his star right-hander Howard Whitmore '29 to the mound this afternoon. Today's will be the last game until the Penn contest next Saturday, and it is essential that Whitmore keep his hand in if he is to stop the triumphant march of the Quaker sluggers. After a slow start the Red and Blue nine got going and have now ten straight victories to their credit. The number among their victims such outstanding college teams as Yale, Princeton, and Brown.

J.D. Dudley '31 seems to have definitely established himself in the catcher's position by his timely hitting and excellent receiving in Tuesday's game with New Hampshire.

The visitors will appear today in numbered uniforms, according to the football tradition. As far as can be ascertained this is the first time that a baseball team thus marked has ever played on Soldiers Field.