LAW PROFESSOR IS AUTHOR OF BOOK ON LABOR INJUNCTION

Predicts Course of Future Legislation from Study of Past Tiffs--Analyzes Present Status of Plan

Another volume written by a member of the faculty of the Harvard Law School which has recently appeared is "The Labor Injunction" by Felix Frankfurter, Byrne Professor of Administrative Law in Harvard University, and Nathan Greene of the New York Bar.

This is the second book which has appeared from the Law School in the last month, the other being the volume entitled "500 Criminal Careers" by Sheldon Glueck and Eleanor T. Glueck. The first three chapters of this work appeared originally in the pages of the Law Quarterly Review, and other portions of the book have appeared in the Harvard Law Review and the Yale Law Journal.

Frankfurter and Greene both attended the Harvard Law School, Frankfurter receiving the degree of LL.B. in 1906 and Greene in 1925. Greene is now with the firm of Cook. Nathan, and Lehman of New York City.

A Manual for Trade Unionists

The labor injunction, with which the book deals, is America's distinctive contribution to the legal adjustment of industrial relations. The present book gives an account of the labor injunction in action, based on a detailed study of the rules of procedure which govern the granting of injunctions, the kind, of evidence upon which they are based, their actual scope and the procedure of their enforcement. The book gives also a history of the legislative efforts to define and limit the use of the injunction in labor disputes, examines the judicial application of such legislation, summarizes the present status of the injunction, and indicates the direction appropriate for future legislation.

The book is intended for laymen, employers, and trade unionists, as well as for lawyers, economists, and all engaged in public affairs.