PROF. SAUNDERS WRITES TEXTBOOK FOR COURSE

Will Publish New Volume for Use in Physics C--Designed to Aid Students in Absorbing Lecture Data

A new Physics textbook, to be used in future science courses at Harvard, will be issued by its author and compiler. Professor Frederick Alfred Saunders of the University Physics department, by next May. The book is now in galley proof form and is undergoing checking and revision; the title has not been decided upon yet.

In regard to the purpose of his book. Professor Saunders made the following statement: "In most lecture courses in general the students, especially Freshmen who are not accustomed to taking lecture notes, fail to get a great deal out of the period. We hope this new book will serve more or less as a group of lecture notes and will enable the student to understand the subject better.

"The book is of average length, and of usual degree of difficulty. We cannot say how successful it will be, or whether any of my colleagues will be convinced of its value at this time. It will be used in Physics C next year."

Professor Saunders is also associated with the "Physical Laboratory Manual", a book written in collaboration with E. L. Chaffee, Professor of Physics.