INVITATION FROM HOOP ASSOCIATION ACCEPTED

CRIMSON PLAYS TWO GAMES WITH EACH OF SIX MEMBERS

It was definitely learned last night that Harvard has accepted an invitation to join the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League, pending only official confirmation. The schedule for next year has already been changed to include two games with each of the six other members of the league.

The invitation was reported to have been sent from Elwood Kemp, secretary of the league, and Harvard's acceptance was sent on Saturday. The league, with Harvard's admission, now is exactly similar to the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League, which contains the following members: Cornell, Dartmouth, Columbia, Pennsylvania, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.

Harvard's basketball schedule under-went a change which involved an addition of six games, so that the team will play 22 games next winter. The schedule formerly contained games with Yale, Princeton, and Dartmouth, so that two games with Pennsylvania, Cornell, and Columbia were annexed to the schedule.

Harvard's joining the league again brings to the fore the possibility of making basketball a major sport. This is under consideration at Yale, and the possibility is strong that Harvard will follow suit if Yale makes the move.

The prospects for next year's basketball team loom fairly bright as several members of this year's Freshman team will join the varsity ranks. The Freshman team had a successful season.