HARING PROBABLE CHOICE AS MASTER OF DUNSTER HOUSE

Believed Appointment Probably Will Be Confirmed by Board--J. R. Walsh Considered for Head Tutorship

With the meeting of the Board of Overseers this afternoon it is believed probable that the appointment of Clarence H. Haring '07, professor of Latin American History and Economics to the Mastership of Dunster House will be confirmed by the Board.

While no official statement has yet been issued about the successor to Chester N. Greenough '98, professor of English and the present master, it is understood from reliable sources that Haring has been chosen for the job. Ever since the resignation of Mr. Greenough several names have been prominently mentioned for the post, but it has been felt that Haring probably would be the final choice.

Haring, who has recently begun a leave of absence from the college, sailing only a week ago Saturday for a half year's trip abroad can not be reached to make any statement on the rumour, but efforts are being made to reach him as soon as he arrives in Europe.

Although no definite announcement has been made as to the successor of R. Gale Noyes, instructor in English and the present Head Tutor, who has also resigned, it is believed that the ment of his successor today. Various men have been mentioned for the job among the most prominent of which are Edward P. Herring, instructor in Government, and tutor in the House, J. Raymond Walsh, instructor in Economics and a tutor in Leverett House, C. Crane Brinton '19, assistant professor of History and also a tutor in Dunster House, and Frank S. Cawley '10, assistant professor of Scandinavian Languages.

Most prominently mentioned of these is Mr. Walsh, to whom it is believed the job has been offered, although no definite statement can be had on the point.