Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

LIBRARY OF LEGAL MEDICINE WILL BE OPENED TOMORROW

Library Only One of Its Kind in This Country Contains many Rare Books And Periodicals

Dedication of the new George Burgess Magrath Library of Legal Medicine of its kind in the United States, will take place tomorrow afternoon at 4 o'clock in the Faculty Club of the Harvard Medical School. President Conant, and Mrs. Frances Glessner Lee, of Littleton, N. H., the donor, will speak.

The Library which will be part of the department of Legal Medicine of the Medical School, has been collected by Mrs. Lee and contains many rare volumes, including" Tractatus de Veneris," by Petrus d'Abano, Mantus, 1473; "De Proprietatis Rerum," by Bartholomaeus Anglicus, Rouen, 1512; "De Stultifera Navis," by Sebastian Brandt, Paris, 1498; the only complete set in the world of the works of Johann Peter Frank, who first instituted a system of legal medicine; a complete set of the transactions of the Medical Legal Society of Massachusetts, one of three in existence; and the original memoirs of Guiteau, in his own hand, written while he awaited execution for the assassination of President Garfield. The library also contains complete bound volumes of back issues of all European periodicals on the subject of legal medicine.

The chair of Legal Medicine was founded through a gift of Mrs. Lee in 1932, and George B. Magrath, professor of Legal Medicine, is the present holder of the chair.