Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male
Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest
Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections
City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum
FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End
Dedication of the new George Burgess Magrath Library of Legal Medicine of its kind in the United States, will take place tomorrow afternoon at 4 o'clock in the Faculty Club of the Harvard Medical School. President Conant, and Mrs. Frances Glessner Lee, of Littleton, N. H., the donor, will speak.
The Library which will be part of the department of Legal Medicine of the Medical School, has been collected by Mrs. Lee and contains many rare volumes, including" Tractatus de Veneris," by Petrus d'Abano, Mantus, 1473; "De Proprietatis Rerum," by Bartholomaeus Anglicus, Rouen, 1512; "De Stultifera Navis," by Sebastian Brandt, Paris, 1498; the only complete set in the world of the works of Johann Peter Frank, who first instituted a system of legal medicine; a complete set of the transactions of the Medical Legal Society of Massachusetts, one of three in existence; and the original memoirs of Guiteau, in his own hand, written while he awaited execution for the assassination of President Garfield. The library also contains complete bound volumes of back issues of all European periodicals on the subject of legal medicine.
The chair of Legal Medicine was founded through a gift of Mrs. Lee in 1932, and George B. Magrath, professor of Legal Medicine, is the present holder of the chair.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.