Dorgan, Teachers' Oath Legislation Creator, Threatens Teeth in Law to Restrain Violators

Praises American Legion, D. A. R. For Their Patriotism, Attempt To Save America

Accusing Mather of flagrant violation, Representative Dorgan, in an interview with the CRIMSON yesterday, threatened to put teeth into the Teachers' Oath law. As Democratic representative of Ward 17, Derchester, Mr. Thomas Dorgan introduced the Oath Bill into the Massachusetts House last January.

Mr. Dorgan advocated the abolishing of the Socialist and Communist parties; and he had praise for the work of the American Legion.

"I can't understand how an educated man like Mather," said Mr. Dorgan, can willingly defy the law of the land. He should set an example to American citizens. But if he keeps on is his lawbreaking, I will see to it that the next session of the state Legislature puts teeth in the oath law.

"Mather and his fellows will probably be given a reasonable time in which to sign the oath. If, however, after about a mouth he still refuses, then the Attorney-General could recommend prosecution."

Mr. Dorgan advocates the abolition of the Communist and socialist parties: "We cannot have such bad influences in our great country. Though there are only a few radicals in America today, you must remember that it took only a few Communists to overthrow the Russian government."

He continued, "I don't call the American Legion and the D. A. R. 'super patriots' or 'flag wavers' or any of the other names they are called by some people in this country. They are patriotic American organizations, and the people who criticize them don't know what they are talking about. They are positively trying to protect the fundamentals of American government."

Representative Dorgan strongly emphasized the great need of "honest courageous politicians."