The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SAUVEUR RESIGNS FROM CHAIR OF METALLURGY

FIVE NEW FACULTY MEMBERS ARE APPOINTED

Albert Sauveur, whose skill in the field of metallurgy won him the Elliott Cresson gold medal in 1913 at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, has resigned the Gorden McKay chair of Metallurgy and Metallography.

Three other professors will also retire September 1. Milton J. Rosenan, resigning as Charles Wilder Professor of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene, organized quarantine units in Cuba during the Spanish-American War. The George F. Baker professorship of Economics will be vacated by Charles J. Bullock.

The Zoology Department will lose George H. Parker '87, who has won fame as an author as well as a professor. He is a member of the American Academy for Advancement of Science.

At the same time the appointment of five new faculty members was announced. They are Weld Arnold, to be assistant director of the Institute of Geographical Exploration, for one year front Sept. 1, 1934; Edmund Burke Delabarre, Jr., to be assistant in psychology for the second half of 1934-35; Oliver Peter Field, to be lecturer in government for one year from Sept. 1, 1935; Erwin Raisz, to be curator of maps in the institute of Geographical Exploration for one year from Sept. 1, 1934; and Gerald Frank Else, to be instructor in Greek and Latin for one year from Sept. 1. 1935.