CRIMSON FACE TRICKY, DECEPTIVE TEAM WHEN VIRGINIA COMES HERE

LOSS OF CAPTAIN, FIRSTSTRING END SLOWS CAVALIERS

Coach Dick Harlow's Crimson team meets a fast, tricky squad much addicted to forward passing when it faces Virginia tomorrow, according to word received from Charlottesville.

The Southern school, which jumped into the national gridiron spotlight after holding the much vaunted Navy team to a 20-14 score in the opening game of the year, boasts a heavy line to protect a set of fairly light, rapid backs.

In the Navy game, the Virginia squad got off to a fast start when Pete Nistad, who specializes in lefthanded forward passing, completed two long tosses for scores in the first half. Later the Middles' power plays began functioning, and Navy pulled the game out of the fire in the last period.

The Southerners operate from a single wing back and also from punt formation. They are famed throughout Dixieland for the freedom with which they toss laterals. In their last game punt receivers threw as many as four laterals passes after catching the ball. In other words Harvard may expect a wide open attack, and should get invaluable experience at pass defense.

Virginia's chances for a successful season were considerably weakened in the Washington and Leo game when Captain Harry Martin, a 190 pound quarter back, and Steve Davenport, first string end, were both removed with broken legs. They are out for the season and since their absence, the attack of the Southeren squad has lost much of its fire.

The starting line-up as announced by the H. A. A. is as follows: Ends, Sargeant and Turnbull; tackles, Haskell and Veeks; gaurds, Trell and Moncure; center, Wheeler; quarter, Male; halfs, Nistad, and Contr; full Acree.