Despite Defeats Princeton Hopes For Victory Tomorrow

By Basketball Editor, Robert H. Mcbaride, and The DAILY Princetonian, (Special Dispatch to the CRIMSON)s

The Tiger five, smarting after two last minute defeats in the Eastern Intercollegiate League competition, will attempt to climb out of the League basement against the Crimson quintet.

Despite the loss of Captain Johnny Vruwink, the Orange and Black has shown strength enough to battle both Cornell and Columbia on even terms, losing to the former 41-40 in the second overtime and to the latter 32-28 after leading at the half.

Johnny Meyecrholz, high-scoring sophomore, will start at forward with Appel, if the latter is able to play. Otherwise Bob Hinchman will probably start at forward with Scofield at center and Eddie Hobler and Dave Lloyd holding down the guard berths.

Others who are ready for a chance against the Crimson are forward Jack Stewart, center, Bob Jordan, and guard Eddie Green.

The Benglas after winning three games in a row, have dropped five successive contests, none of them by more than eight points. Rutgers nosed out the Nassan team by a single point while Army won 28-26.