Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

SOROKIN OPPOSES HOOTON'S PLAN OF DISPERSING GERMANS

Three-Point Program for Post-War World Described

Criticizing the post-War plan set forth yesterday by Dr. Earnest A. Hooton, professor of Anthropology, Pitirim A. Sorokin, professor of Sociology, said last night that any such scheme to create "a synthetic race of German people made up of non-Germanics from other countries to replace the present stock in the Reich" is untenable both in theory and in practice.

Sorokin denied Hooton's thesis that Germans are inherently militaristic. He pointed to world history, which he claimed showed that virtually every century has had a different aggresive influence.

According to the Sociology professor, the Germany of Schiller was one of the most peaceful nations that ever existed, and merely because militant nationalists have gained control of the Reich today is no reason to assume that aggression is a characteristic of the German people.

Sorokin, in addition offered a three-point program for the post-War world, which contrasted with Hooton's plan. This program consisted of military supervision over German armament for at least a decade after the War, a just treatment of German political, social and economic problems, and a policy granting the Reich full freedom to exercise German intelligence in the cultural progress of the world.