NAVAL TRAINING SCHOOL

Pre-Radar

By Yeoman RICHARD Brill

On December 11, four phenomena will be apparent to those observant, though unfortunate people who might still be traipsing about the streets of Cambridge and Boston after dark. The first of these unusual happenings will be an emptying of the various Officers' Clubs about town, the like of which has not been seen in these parts since way back yonder when servicemen weren't restricted from strolling through the Boston Common after 2200.

The second of these fantasmagerias (whew!) will be the mass Officer evacuation from "the big city" of Cambridge. The trains, busses, and taxis will be jammed with the happy exodus, while wailing hostesses pout fretfully as they cling to the walls of their respective USO, AOC and various and sundry organizations of recreation.

The third spectacle in this most unbelievable Saturday night pageant will be the happy, smiling faces of Army, Navy and Marine Officers as they wend their way toward Memorial Hall to that promised land of a good, inexpensive evening with loads of fun, laughs and attractive girls. It's kind of difficult for anyone to smile these days when heading for a date, what with thoughts of a rapidly inflating check devouring a deflated bankroll with equal rapidity.

The last, and by far the most colorful event, will be the cause for all this fantastic goings-on ... the fourth edition of Radio Rough House. Those students who were here for past parties are fully aware of the pleasantries in store for them. But the officers who have arrived since the last jamboree have yet to enjoy the wholesomeness, gaiety, and prevailing good fellowship of this Radar get-together.

Dancing to Ken Reeves' orchestra will begin at 2000. Main event of the evening, the show, in which such perennial favorities as Dr. LeCorbeiller, Mr. Lett, Sam Parker and many more of the Cruft Staff display their respective talents in a madcap review, will begin at 2100. Beer, coke and other refreshments will be served to guests.

Just to keep the public informed on last minute social events, the Nurses of the Cahill House, Cambridge City Hospital are sponsoring a dance on Thursday evening, December 9, at 2000. The dance is in celebration of graduation and will be held in the Nurses' Home just behind the Hospital on Camelia Street