Pucksters Beaten by Dartmouth 7-4 as Rondeau Leads Indians

Captain's Recovery Inspires Teammates

By The Dartmouth and Jack JENNESS Sports editor, (Special to the CRIMSON)s

HANOVER, N. H. Feb. 7--With the great Dartmouth line of Riley, Rondeau, and Harrison scoring six goals to celebrate Captain-Coach Dick Rondeau's return, the Dartmouth six ran its unbeaten string to 29 straight in the Davis Rink Saturday night, winning 7 to 4 at the expense of of a fighting Harvard sextet.

In the fastest hockey game ever played on Hanover ice, the Green was able to hold off the Crimson, out to avenge the 10 to 8 defeat handed them in Boston by the Indians, and only permitted the visitors to catch up to them once.

Captain Rondeau opened the scoring with a solo at 1:53 of the first period, and two minutes later put in a pass from Billy Riley. Earle Acker roared back less than a minute later to score for Harvard as the play zoomed from one end of to the other of the rink on the jumps of the fast-skating lines.

Paine's Last Game

Fessenden made it 3 to 1 for the Green, but Marc Beebe's solo brought the Crimson to within one goal of the Indians, and Captain Johnny Paine, playing his last game for Harvard, put in the equalizer at 1:01 of the second period, with Rondeau in the penalty box. Goals by Rondeau and Bill Harrison late in the period moved Dartmouth out into the lead again--and Riley jumped the opening faceoff of the final period to score, making an overwhelming margin.

Bill Harrison tallied the last Dartmouth goal when he outskated the Hardefense and pulled Harding far out of position. Harvard, pressing as they had throughout the game, with their defense crowding the Green blue line, racked up another goal when Dave Farrell bulleted a faceoff past Barrett.