ARMY ELECTRONICS TRAINING CENTER and NAVAL TRAINING SCHOOL (RADAR)

By Yeoman RICHARD Brill

Yesterday was a milestone in your correspondent's Cruft career. Some wide-eyed, lab-dazed Ensign who had probably just come from a two hour tussle with a multivibrating circuit, approached the Navy office and with all the confidence of on on the verge of profundity, asked the all time hit parade question--"How many copies of orders do I need to go to Tech?"

Now this in itself seems like a perfectly natural query which bars no distinctive quality to make it worthy of being identified as a milestone. Yet milestone it is! For it was from the lips of this anonymous interrogator that came forth for the ten-thousandth time the phrase which this yeoman has listened to, answered and lived with these many moons.

So wrapped up in giving hoarse directions and calling attention to the memo on the bulletin board which bore the requested information was this writer, that he forget to reward the questioner in question. Thus, if the aforementioned individual will present himself to the Navy office, a big black cigar, certified to be a true copy, will be presented to him.

* * *

Ever since the Radar Rockettes made their debut, the Cruft Laboratory has not been the same. There was a time when one could enter the austere building and walk through quiet, dignified halls. Now all is changed. An undercurrent of swing is plainly discernible and one has the jivy feeling that a hepcat session is somewhere in progress though hidden from the electronic eyes of student and faculty.