The Physical Revue

At Allston Burr Hall

By Hiller B. Zobel

Tom Lehrer proved again yesterday that he is the most original funnyman in this--or almost any other--vicinity. While 500 people filled every seat (and most of the steep aisles), Lehrer and four supporting players turned a Burr Hall auditorium into a laugh pit.

The Physical Revue offered an hour of Lehrer's witty words set to the music of a score of well-known songs, and the show never slowed down.

The revue has been presented before, but as the fellow in the next seat remarked, "the material never gets stale." Lehrer has more angles than a protractor. He uses the tired Joke of the Radcliffe girl's supposed unattractiveness, but by casting the young lady as "The Thing" (Boom-boom-boom), he leaves his audience roaring.

Lehrer puts the Periodic Table of the elements to music. He devises a musical method of teaching differentiation, and writes a madrigal, no less, to aid memorization of physical formulae.

Lehrer and his cast poked fun at everything from the GSAS to the football team. The audience stopped laughing only long enough to listen to the next gag.