Princeton, Penn Will Cream Five

By R. ANDREW Beyer

Harvard's basketball team plays the best two teams in the Ivy League on a gruelling road trip this weekend.

Tonight the Crimson meets defending champion Princeton, and tomorrow the quintet faces their likely successor, Pennsylvania.

Penn, with an 8-2 record overall, has the finest pair of guards in the League, Stan Pawlak and Jeff Neuman. Pawlak is the fifth leading Quaker scorer of all time, and currently has a 23.5 point scoring average. Neuman is a ball-handling genius, and he sports a 17.6 average to boot.

None of Penn's big men is a superstar, but the Quakers have the necessary height and muscle to complement their great guards. Chuck Fitzgerald (6-4), John Hellings (6-8), and Frank Burgess (6-10) are all averaging less than ten points per game, but they'll murder Harvard under the boards.

The Tigers have basically the same bunch of players who were known as "hey-you" when Bill Bradley was making basketball history at Princeton. Their leading scorer is Don Rodenbach, who has an anemic 13.5 average. John Haarlowa and 6-9 Ed Hummer are both scoring slightly more than ten points per game.

Cornell and Columbia looked so mediocre in the IAB last week that the Tigers and Quakers will probably stage a two-way battle for the League title. With plenty of height, balance and sheer talent, both of them should cream the Crimson this weekend.