Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Harvard Faculty Gets Top Salaries in U.S.

Harvard University pays its faculty members more than any other university in the country.

In a study by a committee of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), Harvard ranked first in average annual salary for faculty members at $19,300 for the academic year 1967-68.

The University of Chicago was second, paying its faculty $18,241. California Institute of Technology was third and Stanford was fourth.

The report also found that 294 American universities have average pay scales over $10,500. (Last year, the number was 181.) Of these, 17 were above the $16,000 mark.

The statistics were part of the annual AAUP survey on the economic status of the academic profession. The AAUP, which has over 87,000 members in 1,100 chapters, is the professional association of American college teachers.

Clark Byse, professor of administrative law at the Harvard Law School, heads the association.