Hog Farm Holds Party for 'Peoples Parks'

By Michael B. Mccarthy

More than 1000 freaks "celebrated life" last night in Briggs Cage with rock bands, light shows, puppet shows, and a fart contest.

The Hog Farm, a New Mexico commune that travels in old school buses putting on shows across the country, organized the "Earth Peoples Party." The Hog Farm hopes that the shows will build support for "Earth Peoples Parks."

A member of the Hog Farm who calls himself, Fred the Fed, said that they hope people will join with them to buy land in different parts of the country for "peoples parks where people can come, raise their own food and live free, without fences or rules."

"The whole earth is Earth Peoples Park. We are trying to win it back a step at a time. Already we have 400 acres in Louisiana and 350 acres in Oregon," Fred said.

Super Joel, another member of Hog Hog Farm, said, "We worked six weeks to build the 'peoples park' in Berkeley, then the university told us we could not have a beautiful park and they called out the national guard and 136 people were shot."