Kissinger Aide Resigns in Protest To Recent 'Invasion' of Cambodia

By M. DAVID Landau

Morton H. Halperin. Southeast Asian specialist and a former research associate of the Center for International Affairs, resigned last week from the post of consultant to the National Security Council in protest over President Nixon's Southeast Asian war policy.

Halperin-who presented his letter of resignation last Wednesday to Henry A. Kissinger '50, professor of Government and assistant to Nixon for national security affairs-said Tuesday that the invasion of Cambodia was "an enormous mistake. I think we should be getting out," he said.

"I do not want to be associated with the government, and I want to be free to state my views on the war, which I don't feel I can do as a consultant to the National Security Council," Halperin said.

Taught Seminar

From 1960 to 1966. Halperin was an assistant professor of Government at Harvard. He taught a seminar here on national security policy with Kissinger.

On Tuesday, Halperin called the recent protest against the CFIA "absurd." He said that the CFIA is "an organization that performs objective, honest research. If you don't like the conclusions, that doesn't mean you can't like the organization," he added.