Rock and Folk

By Peter M. Shane

Gerald Ford and the Corporate State. Unless his agents cancel, Jumpin' Gerry plans to spend part of his time next week waiting for Tricky Dick to disappear by speaking to a respectful audience of Harvard Young Republicans. The concert should include some of his all-time imperialist hits, including "I Am a Simple Man," "I've Got a Name," "The Ballad of the Green Berets," and "I'm Sitting On Top of the World." You can be part of the demonstration that shows Ford that the people have a better idea, such as ending racism at home and cutting off aid to Thieu and to the military juntas in Greece and Chile. If the demonstration is successful, Gerry promises an encore of "Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me)?" and "Leave Me Alone." Demonstrators will rally Monday, March 11 at 3 p.m. in Harvard Yard and proceed to the Harvard Club, 374 Commonwealth Ave., Boston at 4:30 p.m.

Keith Jarrett Quartet. A few months back, I goofed by underplaying a local concert by electric pianist Keith Jarrett. Rolling Stone named him jazz man of the year, and his concerts and albums are winning unanimous raves. Live and learn. Through Sunday, March 10 at the Jazz Workshop. Call 267-1300 for information.