District Attorney Impounds Ballots Of City Election

By Christopher B. Wright

Middlesex County District Attorney John Droney has impounded 16,000 Cambridge Democratic primary ballots in response to claims of irregularities, according to an 11 p.m. report on WNAC-TV last night.

Anna Consilvio, newly-elected woman representative to the Democratic State Committee, said in a telephone interview with The Crimson last night that she and her son, Francis Consilvio, filed affidavits with Droney yesterday protesting the election.

Harvard Law

Francis Consilvio lost to second-year Harvard Law student David E. Sullivan in his bid to be the male representative to the Democratic State Committee from the Suffolk and Middlesex senatorial district. Anna Consilvio said last night that her son feels the election had "not been right" and had asked accordingly for an investigation.

Francis Consilvio could not be reached for comment.

Sullivan said Wednesday, one day after the primary, that he is 43,000 votes ahead of Consilvio with only the Cambridge returns in. Sullivan predicted that he will defeat Consilvio by "the narrowest of margins" when all the votes from East Boston, Charlestown and the North End are tallied.

Sullivan could not be reached for comment last night.

Droney said in an interview on last night's broadcast that "it is much easier to do it [investigate the election] now than to not do it and have to do it later." Droney could not be reached for comment last night.

Droney could not be reached for comment last night.