South Africa Prayers

News Shorts

By Lisa E. Davis

The Harvard Radcliffe Christian Fellowship (HRCF) and the Harvard Radcliffe Catholic Students' Center (HRCSC) will co-sponsor a "student-run" prayer meeting today to pray for the people of South Africa. The prayers will start at 12:10 p.m. on the steps of Memorial Church.

Coleman H. Terrell '80, a spokesman for the HRCSC. said yesterday the prayer would not only be for the oppressed South Africans, but also for improved relations between the students and administration on this issue.

"The decision to hold the prayer meeting was a reaction to the Corporation's decision," Terrell said, adding, "Everybody I know in the fellowship and Catholic students' center is disappointed with the Corporation's decision because the Corporation is shirking its responsibility to take a stand on a moral issue."

Mark D. Roberts '79, president of HRCF, said yesterday fellowship members hope students who do not agree with the recent demonstrations will come to the prayer meeting. The two groups are considering holding more prayer meetings next week.