‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

Scramble

ELECTION ROUND-UP

By William E. McKibben

Twenty three grown men and women spent last week scrambling around the city in search of Cantabrigians to talk to, leaving behind only a trail of printed literature.

City council candidates all, they took off the gloves last week for the final stretch of the campaign, adding fire to the contest as they explored the city in search of stray voters.

One incumbent, David Wylie, spoke out about vote fraud at a city council meeting.

Instead, the city will settle for simply removing them from the voter lists after a public hearing Wednesday. At least 22 names will be challenged at the hearing, including city firefighters, policemen and teachers.

Other council candidates spoke out against city investments in South Africa-related banks, non-binding referendum question that will be on the ballot November 6. The Cambridge Anti-Apartheid Coalition, which merges Harvard and city groups concerned with the issue, promised to redouble their efforts as the election approached.

"Cambridge holds $5 million in banks active in South Africa," one activist said.