E4A Petition Asks Radcliffe to Help Find New Offices

By Philippe L. Browning

Members of Radcliffe's Education for Action (E4A), in response to recent orders that they vacate their offices in Radcliffe gym, are circulating a petition "aimed at insuring dialogue between the Radcliffe administration and the group."

The E4A-which provides funding and information for students interested in social projects-fears the move will hurt their program by disrupting the group's schedule, Indira Taiwana '82, an E4A member and a drafter of the petition, said yesterday. She added that "a new location may make us less accessible to students."

Proof

The purpose of the petition, which "urges the Radcliffe administration to establish the office that E4A needs," is to show E4A how many supporters it has, she said. "If we say that it is important to students that we are easily accessible, we must have some proof of our support," she added.

E4A leaders are not sure if they will submit the petitions to the Radcliffe administration. "We want a working relationship with Radcliffe, and the petition may not be necessary to achieve this," Taiwana explained.

Because the Radcliff administration has not determined the new location of the E4A offices, group members say that they can influence in where they will be placed.

"We would like to stay in the Radcliffe yard area, where we could continue to remain accessible to most students," Michael T. Tierny '80-2, said yesterday