Oxfam Fast

By Laura A. Haight

The Harvard-Radcliffe Committee on Central America (COCA) and other campus groups will begin registering students tonight for Oxfam's eighth annual Fast for a World Harvest. The fast is scheduled for December 15.

Oxfam, an international organization that provides hunger relief, will send the proceeds of Harvard's fast to Honduran border camps for Salvadoran refugees, COCA spokesman Todd M. Truesdale '84 said yesterday.

Food Services will contribute $1.20 for each student who fasts, providing that 1200 undergraduates are registered by December 8, director of Food Services, Frank J. Weissbecker, said last week.

The quota may be difficult to attain this year, however, because both Adams House and the Freshman Union have scheduled their Christmas dinners for the same night as the fast, Truesdale said. Nevertheless he expressed optimism that enough students would register and added that instead of asking Adams residents and freshmen to skip meals. COCA will distribute envelopes to them requesting a one dollar donation.