Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Flora Lewis Wins Joe Morris Prize For Journalism

By Valerie S. Binion

Flora Lewis, foreign affairs columnist for the New York Times, has been awarded the first annual Joe Alex Morris Jr. Memorial Lectureship by Harvard's Nieman Foundation for Journalism. She will speak at the University next month, officials said yesterday.

The position carries a $1,000 honorarium and an appointment as a visiting Nieman Fellow. The fellowships allow journalists to study for a year at Harvard.

Lewis began her journalistic career in 1941, and writes for the Washington Post, Newsday, and the New York Times. She in currently based in Paris, and her Morris Lecture will be on "America in 1982: How Does It Look from Here?"

Morris, who graduated from the College in 1949, was killed during street fighting in Tehran three years ago while covering the Iranian revolution for the Los Angeles Times. The Morris Memorial Lectureship was established in 1981 by family, classmates and friends.