King Suffers Attack; Forum Talk Postponed

By Gordon M. Burnes

Radio talk-show host Larry King, the man who lulls thousands of Americans to sleep every week-night, suffered a mild heart attack last week and postponed his appearance at the Law School, originally scheduled for March 9.

King has not yet set a new date to speak.

Law School Forum officials said yesterday that the make-up date depends on how quickly King recovers, but that he is still interested in speaking at Harvard.

"It's a terrible disappointment to him that he will not be able to speak at Harvard [this month]. He was very excited about coming to the University," said Jill Leone, an associate with Bob Wolfe, King's attorney.

King was released from the hospital yesterday and should be back on the air in a week or 10 days said Leone.

The late-night speaker who usually receives up to $10,000 for public appearances will speak for free at the Forum, as is the custom for the prestigious speakers series.

King will try to reschedule for the spring but may not speak until next fall because, said Leone, "he has an unbelievably rigorous schedule with the radio and television shows."